Thursday, September 4, 2008

Daunte Culpepper: Stickin' It to the Man


My second round draft pick in 2005 has retired. From a fantasy perspective, thank God. From a reality perspective, well, I can't decide if he's whiny baby or maybe onto something. Here's highlights from a nice letter Daunte Culpepper sent out to the press concerning his premature retirement:

...No matter what I did or said, there seemed to be a unified message from teams that I was not welcome to compete for one of the many jobs that were available at the quarterback position... I have been strongly encouraged from family, friends and league personnel to continue to be patient and wait for an inevitable injury to one of the starting quarterbacks in the league. I would rather shut the door to such "opportunity" than continue to wait for one of my fellow quarterbacks to suffer a serious injury... The NFL has become more about power, money and control than passion, competition and the love of the game... I can now focus on the enjoyment of watching some of the greatest athletes in the world play the game I love without the distraction of waiting for those elusive return phone calls.

Thankfully,

Daunte Culpepper


ETC: He'll be back... no doubt about it.

No comments: